If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
VishwajeetK564
Students

ISB 2017 Intake GMAT 700

by VishwajeetK564 Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:41 am

Hi,

I wish to apply to ISB, HEC, INSEAD, IESE, IE
My main target is ISB for March 2017 Intake. So I will have around 32 months work ex.

EDUCATION
Vellore Institute of Technology, India Eq. GPA: 8.54/10
B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering, July 2010 - May 2014
• Special Achiever Award for excellence in curricular cum extra-curricular activities.

RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES, CHENNAI
Product Engineer July 2014 – Present
•Design and develop products.
•Very good roles and responsibilities.
• Demonstration good leadership qualities.

ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Formula SAE, Pravega Racing Oct 2007 – Nov 2009
Head of Vehicle Dynamics, Head of Cost and Manufacturing
•Designed the suspension and steering geometry of a formula style FSAE car by developing a mathematical model of the FSAE vehicle using the tire data to on Optimum Tire.
• Managed the cost report and the BOM sheet required for determining the manufacturability of the vehicle.
• Achieved 19th position in the Design Event and 2nd position in the Cost Event at FSAE Italy 2013.

EXTRA-CURRICULAR
•Center Head for Bhumi India Organisation as a teacher Computer Science to underprivileged kids aged 13-15.
•Dedicated more than 40 hours already with students showing 100% results in their school exams.
•Active Blogger at yourlifeandme.wordpress.com where I have written inspired articles on various social issues such as Women Empowerment, Illiteracy, Prostitution, etc.
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: ISB 2017 Intake GMAT 700

by mbaMissionKate Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi there!
Your educational background seems very strong, and your work experience does too based on the limited info you have shared. Your amount of work experience is on the low end, ISB's average is 4.7 years. So make sure that you are highlighting strong leadership examples and explaining very clearly why you need to get an MBA at this point in your career. Also, perhaps one of your recommenders could speak to you being "ahead of your peers" or having "exceptional leadership potential" or something along those lines to make up for your lack of work experience. Other than that, your extracurriculars (assuming those are current?) seem strong, and your GMAT is right at ISB's average so that puts you in a good spot. Of course there are lots of unknowns in terms of how strongly you excecute the application. But I think based on the basic stats you've provided, you're within competitive range for ISB, just with that concern about work experience. INSEAD is the most competitive of the schools you list, so that could be challenging.
Feel free to let us know if we can help with any specific questions - if not, then good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php