If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
k_l4409
Prospective Students

Just getting started - Am I on the right track?

by k_l4409 Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I am starting my process of researching B-school, studying for GMATs, ect.

Since my undergrad GPA is significantly low to apply to B-school, I was thinking of taking additional classes for a few reasons. I did not take an Econ class nor a real substantive math course while in undergrad. I am looking to take those classes now to show B-schools that I can achieve high grades in these type of classes. Does that make sense?

I am wondering if I am thinking about this in the right way and if there is anything else I can do to help my chances of getting into a top B-school. I want to be on a two year track from now and so I am looking at the 2016/2017 school yr.

Any help and advice would be great.

Many thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Just getting started - Am I on the right track?

by mbamissionjenK Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi there,

Yes I fully agree with your approach. If you know your undergrad performance was not very strong, AND lacked some quant qualifications, then it does make sense to take some quant/business/statistics type courses now and hopefully get A's in them, to show to the schools.

Beyond that, focus on making an impact at work; getting involved in the community; and doing your research about your post-MBA career plans and specific schools. And of course nail the GMAT ! ;)

Good luck on the process.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php