Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
GauravP327
Students

Karl Marx divided society into two broad classes

by GauravP327 Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:40 am

Karl Marx divided society into two broad classes, the bourgeoisie and the proletariat; the latter of which, he wrote, was free from the danger of moral decay due to their lack of material property.

A. proletariat; the latter of which, he wrote, was free from the danger of moral decay due to their lack of

B. proletariat, which, he wrote, were free from the danger of moral decay due to their lack of

C. proletariat; the latter, he wrote, was free from the danger of moral decay because of its lack of

D. proletariat, the latter of which he wrote were free from the danger of moral decay because of lacking

E. proletariat, the latter being free, he wrote, from the danger of moral decay because of lacking

The correct answer is 'C'
My learning till I encountered this question was that 'because of' should follow a NOUN and I found this explanation in a blog of another test prep company (mag....) , and just because of 'because of' :D , I didn't find any option correct.
Any support will be appreciated.
Thanks.