Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
NewToSite

Manhattan GMAT CATs (Online vs. Store)

by NewToSite Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Hello all,

This is my first time on this site and I think it's incredible. I've read some great tips which I hope will aid in my studying.

I have completed the Official Guide v.11 and would now like to move on to CAT exams. I have exactly two weeks remaining and have not tested myself on such an exam (only paper diagnostics from Kaplan and those in the OG book). Could you please recommend which tests are:
a) most accurate to the real deal
b) best value? When I found some MGMAT prep books on BN.com it said I'd receive 3 online exams (plus the SC guide), vs. 6 online exams (plus the SC guide) on your site. Are all of these adaptive?

I plan to take the two provided exams from MBA.com this week and next week, yet was looking for additional CATs.

Many thanks and best wishes to all.

-NTS
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:36 pm

The 2005 version of the books gives you access to the old exams, which are not adaptive. If you want access to the 6 adaptive tests, make sure to buy a 2007 edition of whichever books you want. And, really, you should want the adaptive tests, not the non-adaptive ones. Just not worth it to spend your time taking tests that aren't adaptive, from any source (even the old paper-based official GMATs).

The best adaptive format exams available are the GMATPrep tests, which it sounds like you've already downloaded (for those who don't know, these are from the people who make the official test). After that, we naturally think that our CATs are the best on the market. :) You may want to poll other students to see what they think.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
dkagliwal

by dkagliwal Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:35 am

skoprince Wrote:The 2005 version of the books gives you access to the old exams, which are not adaptive. If you want access to the 6 adaptive tests, make sure to buy a 2007 edition of whichever books you want. And, really, you should want the adaptive tests, not the non-adaptive ones. Just not worth it to spend your time taking tests that aren't adaptive, from any source (even the old paper-based official GMATs).

The best adaptive format exams available are the GMATPrep tests, which it sounds like you've already downloaded (for those who don't know, these are from the people who make the official test). After that, we naturally think that our CATs are the best on the market. :) You may want to poll other students to see what they think.

Hello Stacey Koprince,

I am facing the exat problem you mentioned above. I also posted a topic on this but Manhattan people seem to be too busy to reply.

I bought Manhattan 2007 RC and CR books with gave me access to 6 CATs. But last week I accidently ordered Mahattan 2005 Word traslational guide. When I registered it online I was able to see the online question bank but I am no more able to see my 6 CAT exams. What I see is only 3 non adaptive exams.

Can you please help me to get back the CAT tests?

Regards,
Deepak
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Please contact our IT department (techsupport@manhattangmat.com) and they will help you sort this out. Unfortunately, our tech department does not monitor the forum threads here - so that may be why you didn't receive a reply if you posted something on here asking for tech support.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep