Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
ChaitaliS974
Students

Manhattan Prep Quant Question bank: FDP

by ChaitaliS974 Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:46 pm

I recently took the FDP test and scored a 20/25. I got 1 q in 500-600 range wrong, 2 qs in 600-700 range wrong and 2 qs in 700 - 800 range wrong. I will go through all the qs that I wasn't able to answer but what else can I take away from this?

Also, since MGMAT has the data of the users who took this test, is there a way to find out my percentile ranking for this particular test?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Manhattan Prep Quant Question bank: FDP

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 pm

That's a good result! This question bank is not adaptive, nor is there a set time limit, so it's not possible to provide a score that would equate to GMAT scores (or even to percentiles, since there's no time limit—time management is a big part of these kinds of tests). But 20/25 is good. :)

The takeaways are around the following:
(1) For the ones you missed, can you learn how to do any of them? I'd be concerned about learning the 5-6 level. I wouldn't worry so much about the 7-8 levels; you can't win them all. :)

(2) How was your timing on the individual questions? Any opportunities to shortcut any of the solutions / learn to work more efficiently?

(3) Are there any you got right but used so much time + mental energy that you'd actually rather get that problem wrong fast on the real thing? What are the characteristics that made this problem so annoying for you? (In other words, how are you going to recognize when you see something similarly annoying in future so that you can Get Out Fast?)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
ChaitaliS974
Students

by ChaitaliS974 Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Thank you so much for the details. I will keep those points in mind while assessing the qs that I got wrong.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:34 pm

You're welcome! Good luck with your studies!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep