Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
sushilsbalan
Students

Math Section of Manhattan Practise Tests

by sushilsbalan Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:03 am

Hi,

Thus far I have taken the 2 sample exams available on the mba.com website, 3 from the Manhattan series of 6 and 3 from 800 score.

I have taken these tests in random order. Somehow I have always failed to complete the Math portion only on the Manhattan tests. While majority of my learning from mistakes has come from the Manhattan Math sections I have always wondered if the Manhattan Math sections are designed to be on the tougher side.

I fear that I may be biased. Could someone give me insight if I am developing a misconception. A comparison of the Manhattan GMAT math section and the Math section expected on the actual GMAT would help.

With three weeks remaining for my exam, through the remaining 3 Manhattan practise tests I hope to strategize on completing the Math section within time and achieving a 90 percentile at least. Currently I am scoring (75 - 80)% primarily due to 2-4 questions remaining unanswered.
tim
Course Students

Re: Math Section of Manhattan Practise Tests

by tim Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:38 am

You are indeed developing a misconception. Our tests are not designed to be any easier or harder than the real thing..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
s gap
Students

by s gap Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Last edited by s gap on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Math Section of Manhattan Practise Tests

by jnelson0612 Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 am

sheila.ganapathy Wrote:I didn't take the GMAT yet but I feel like the math section in Manhattan is easier than the ones in the GMAC test.

From a purely anecdotal basis I personally have heard more students say that our test is harder than the GMAC test, but as Tim said it is designed to match the difficulty of the GMAC.
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor