If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SolomonK801
Students

MBA aspirant with an unusual background. Please reply

by SolomonK801 Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi! I am Solomon from India. I am very interested in pursuing an MBA from a good B-school either in India or abroad. My unique situation is that I have very less post-degree experience as I took a long break from studies after graduating from high school, although I do have some pre-graduate work experience.

Education:-
1. Bachelor of Arts with 65% in 2015 December (Distance Education).
2. Graduated from high school in 2008 with 86% in Commerce & Accounting, Economics. Then I took a long break from study until 2013 January when I enrolled in a B.A. program distance mode.

Work Experience:-(Full-time)
1. 2008 to 2011 Freelance computer graphic designer. Approximately 3 years.
2. 2011 to 2014 Voluntary work in an orphanage where I would oversee orphan children and make sure they get ready for school in time, do their homework, eat well, etc. Approximately 3 years.
3. 2014 to present, Medical transcriptionist at a firm based in India. 2 years.

GMAT:-I am planning to take the GMAT in 6 months from now and will try to do well. My target is a score of 700.

Post MBA-Goals:-Short-term: To initially work in an international company either in finance, consulting, strategy, human resources, etc.
My long-term goal is to become an entrepreneur. I have some good business ideas which I want to work on and I think an MBA will help me a lot in the process of achieving my goals.

Target Schools;- I am looking at the list of schools in FT and QS MBA rankings in India/Canada/Europe (I am starting from the bottom of the list).

Do you think I stand a chance at obtaining admission to a reputed MBA program? What else could I add to my profile in order to increase my chances apart from a good GMAT score? I am planning to do short-term certificate courses in fields like Investment banking, business consulting, business fundamentals, etc., as pre-requisites for MBA and to increase my post-MBA employability in these areas. I want to know if taking such courses will help me become more acceptable to MBA programs. I am looking forward to hear your valuable suggestions.

Thank you,
Solomon.
Last edited by SolomonK801 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SolomonK801
Students

Re: Profile Review, Please

by SolomonK801 Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:21 am

Can anyone please give a reply to the above questions?
EmeryF124
Forum Guests

Re: MBA aspirant with an unusual background. Please reply

by EmeryF124 Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:24 am

A usual background of the team is discussed for the aim of the improvement for the players. It is enhanced for the use of academic writing for all vital paths or humans. The natural element is shared for the inductive policy and all offers forth people for the full use of thefts for the humans.
EssieF242
Forum Guests

by EssieF242 Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:10 pm

This was a good initiative. I wish i could have come across it in time. I know a few guys, including myself who would have been interested. Personally, i am looking forward for an MBA later on in life. I enjoyed working on the the business strategy of Nike back then.
GeniusW190
Forum Guests

by GeniusW190 Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:10 am

for all vital paths or humans. The natural element is shared for the inductive policy online best academic writing service
expertsw699
Forum Guests

by expertsw699 Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm

for all vital paths or humans. The natural element is shared for the inductive policy online best academic writing service
MartinM603
Forum Guests

by MartinM603 Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:46 am

As the one-year management plan for professionals with work experience becomes more and more popular, School B begins to focus on increasing the diversity of batches to maximize peer-to-peer learning. By: university assignment writing | UK Academic Writers.