If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Nismail8
Course Students

MBA Joint Programs (2 schools)

by Nismail8 Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:37 am

Hello,

I originally had planned to apply this year for joint MBA/MA programs but petition for them at different schools. For various reasons, I am planning on only applying to MBA programs this year but am wondering if it is possible to apply to MA programs at different schools during my first year at the MBA program. Is this generally allowed?

I know most schools (like Harvard, Yale, Cornell, UPenn, etc) allow this within their school but I can't find anything on if i'd like to apply to another school and create a joint program that way.

For example: let's say i'm at HBS next year and I want to apply to an Yale's MA program during my first year (and combine them somehow). They have an option to do this initially when you're applying to enter your first year but I can't figure out if it's allowed to be done during the first year.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Many thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: MBA Joint Programs (2 schools)

by mbamissionjenK Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:11 am

Hi there,

I have not heard of this before, and I would think schools would not be inclined to accept this... they expect you to be VERY heavily involved in a full time MBA program and not have much spare time; when a joint program is already designed within a specific school they are able to structure it such that it is manageable etc, but if at 2 different schools that wouldn't be possible. You can research it more by school but that would be my reaction.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php