Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
Entrepreneur

MBA programs for entreprenuer

by Entrepreneur Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:47 pm

I'm an aspiring entrepreneur. I have several business ideas, some are good and some are probably not so good, but my ultimate career goal is to be a serial entrepreneur. I went to Babson and learned a ton about entrepreneurship. I loved my experience there. In fact, many of my friends have taken the entrepreneurial plunge and are not business owners and founders of small/medium companies.... pretty impressive of them since I graudated just four years ago.

I've been working in management consulting for a few years now and am considering going back to school... natural progression right? But I am wondering whether A) MBA is necessary for what I want to do and B) if it IS necessary/helpful, where I should go.

I know that Stanford, Babson, HBS, Berkeley, etc are known for entrepreneurship, but does anyone know where I can find STATS of what % of the graduating class starts their own business within 2-3 years of getting their degree???