Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
experts

MBAChase work_book Question_PS_probability

by experts Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:25 pm

[deleted--see below]
michael_shaunn

by michael_shaunn Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:45 am

I think the answer is 11/32.
nyhoosier

by nyhoosier Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 pm

I agree. There are 64 possibilities total. There are 6 ways to get 1 tail (6!/5!*1!) and 15 ways to get 2 tails (6!/4!*2!) and only 1 way for no tails. Putting it all together = (6+15+1)/64 = 22/64 = 11/32
esledge
Forum Guests

by esledge Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:41 pm

I'll quote Stacey, who has responded as follows to similar posts:

"Multiple problems here.

First, please read (and follow!) the forum guidelines before posting. This folder is for questions written by ManhattanGMAT for the quant section of our CAT exams. Questions from sources other than MGMAT or GMATPrep should be posted in the General Math / General Verbal folders.

Second, this question appears to be posted by an employee of another GMAT preparation company. If students want to post questions from other companies, that's perfectly fine (as long as that source is not on the Banned Sources list) - and if whoever posted this is a student, and not an employee of the aforementioned company, please let us know.

If whoever posted this is an employee of this other company, we wish your company well, but we do not provide marketing services for our competitors. :) We suggest you start your own forums; students can always use access to more resources!"
Emily Sledge
Instructor
ManhattanGMAT