Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
rishisbook
Students

MGMAT CAT CR WEAKEN 3

by rishisbook Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:20 am

Concerned about various forms of workplace harassment, a city attorney’s office instituted a publicity campaign last year encouraging victims of such harassment to come forward and file reports of the harassment. During the year following the inception of the publicity campaign, the frequency of harassment reports filed with the city attorney’s office tripled. The publicity campaign has therefore been successful, in that it has inspired more victims of workplace harassment to pursue their complaints.

Which of the following most seriously weakens the conclusion of the passage above?
A. The increase in harassment complaints has consisted almost exclusively of additional complaints of racial harassment; complaints of other varieties of harassment have not increased significantly.
B. Although the number of complaints has tripled, the number of complaints that have resulted in successful prosecutions or civil penalties for the harassers has not increased significantly.
C. Many individuals who have brought complaints within the past year were previously unaware that the behavior to which they had been subjected was regarded legally as harassment.¬
D. The publicity campaign has emphasized the fact that there will be no legal reprisals or other negative consequences for complainants whose complaints are deemed false or invalid.
E. The city attorney’s office originally instituted the campaign in response to falling numbers of workplace harassment complaints.

Confused between C & D.
tim
Course Students

Re: MGMAT CAT CR WEAKEN 3

by tim Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:06 pm

tell us more about what was inadequate about the explanation so we can help explain it in a way that will work for you..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
govardhan.krishnan
Students

by govardhan.krishnan Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:12 pm

I had my doubts when i saw D as the OA..

http://gmatclub.com/forum/workplace-har ... 00900.html

Plz see Ian's reply!!

IMO its no where a good GMAT level CR!!
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by jnelson0612 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:35 pm

govardhan.krishnan Wrote:I had my doubts when i saw D as the OA..

http://gmatclub.com/forum/workplace-har ... 00900.html

Plz see Ian's reply!!

IMO its no where a good GMAT level CR!!

Fair enough. There is a great discussion on that thread and several people understand why it's D and think that it is a reasonable answer. After reading the thread, do you understand why D is the "best" answer? It's okay if you don't love it as long as you understand why it's better than the other answers.
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor