Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
aashish.bhateja
Students

MGMAT CAT Exams Vs GMAT Prep

by aashish.bhateja Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 am

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I apologize if I am not using the proper forum.

I just want to understand the difficulty level of MGMAT CAT Exams as compared to difficulty level of GMAT Prep. In particular I found the quant section of MGMAT CAT Exams somewhat difficult as compared to GMAT Prep because my scores have dropped from like 49-50 range to 45-47 range from GMAT Prep. to MGMAT CAT Exams.

Also, how is the difficulty level of MGMAT CAT Exams as compared to actual GMAT? I have taken GMAT once and I feel quant is somewhat difficult in MGMAT CAT Exams.

Last question, I am getting overall scores in the range of 650-660 in MGMAT CAT Exams and so far I have completed 4 exams. What can I expect in the actual GMAT, which is in a week from now, based on the trends you guys have seen in the past with the students getting 650 in MGMAT CAT Exams?

Thanks !
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: MGMAT CAT Exams Vs GMAT Prep

by jnelson0612 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

aashish.bhateja Wrote:I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I apologize if I am not using the proper forum.

I just want to understand the difficulty level of MGMAT CAT Exams as compared to difficulty level of GMAT Prep. In particular I found the quant section of MGMAT CAT Exams somewhat difficult as compared to GMAT Prep because my scores have dropped from like 49-50 range to 45-47 range from GMAT Prep. to MGMAT CAT Exams.

Also, how is the difficulty level of MGMAT CAT Exams as compared to actual GMAT? I have taken GMAT once and I feel quant is somewhat difficult in MGMAT CAT Exams.

Last question, I am getting overall scores in the range of 650-660 in MGMAT CAT Exams and so far I have completed 4 exams. What can I expect in the actual GMAT, which is in a week from now, based on the trends you guys have seen in the past with the students getting 650 in MGMAT CAT Exams?

Thanks !

Hi Aashish,
Many students feel that our quant section is a little tougher than that on the actual GMAT. Usually the percentiles are roughly similar, or people sometimes find that they do a little better on the real GMAT since ours is tough.

If a student gets a 650 on our exam, that student has about a 70% chance of getting a score between 600-700 on the real GMAT since our tests have a standard deviation of 50 points.

Hope the test went well for you!
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor