sw001
Students

MSR scoring in IR

by sw001 Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:53 pm

IR section has max score of 8 out of 12 questions. I am aware that all parts of the questions should be right to get a score for a question.
What I am confused about is - usually one MSR problem has 3 questions - all separate (not part of the same question). Are they scored individually - so for each of the 3 questions of one MSR problem - I will get a score of 3 if I get all three right AND a score of 2 if I get 2 out of 3 questions of MSR right? OR do I need to get all 3 questions of MSR right to get score of 1.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: MSR scoring in IR

by RonPurewal Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:16 am

(original post edited.
Either the original question was edited, or I misread it the first time.)

For an individual problem, all correct = 1; anything else = 0.
This is nothing new, by the way; it's the way the whole test has always worked.
E.g., if you pick B rather than D on a data sufficiency question"”i.e., you judge statement #2 correctly, but misjudge statement #1"”you don't get "half credit". You get the problem wrong.

Basically, a problem is a problem is a problem. The light is on, or it's off. Even if there are multiple parts.

If the problems are presented separately"”i.e., if they appear on separate screens, and you must finish one, click it, and confirm it before moving on to the next one"”THEN they are 1 point each, and the points can be accrued individually.
francescocamusso
Forum Guests

by francescocamusso Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:39 am

I don't think the previous answer was correctly addressing your question - actually it seems even misleading to me.

I think that you can get up to 3 points, if you answer correctly each of those 3 question.
If you answer correctly 2 questions, and you make a mistake in a part of the 3rd question, you get a score of 2.

Someone should confirm, but I'm pretty confident it works this way (as you said) and each of the 3 questions is scored individually, otherwise would have no sense to spend time for MSR :)
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks, Francesco. I think I just misread the original post.

In any case, you are right.

Here's the simplest way to understand it: One screen, one point.

* If more than one question appears on the same screen, then everything is a component of the same question, and you have to get everything correct to get 1 point.

* Once you click, confirm, and advance to the next screen, that's another 1 point.
sw001
Students

by sw001 Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks for your replies!!
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am

sw001 Wrote:Thanks for your replies!!

Sure.