oliviairis
Course Students

Multi-Source Reasoning (MSR)

by oliviairis Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:15 pm

MSR gives me nightmares. After some practice, my accuracy is still very low and I am wondering if I can count on skipping this section entirely. From what I understand, each IR section only has one MSR prompt. Is that correct? Does each MSR always have exactly 3 questions?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Multi-Source Reasoning (MSR)

by StaceyKoprince Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Most of the time, there is 1 MSR prompt with 3 questions - that certainly seems to be the standard and I haven't heard anyone report otherwise.

They haven't officially said that this is the ONLY way it can happen, though - so we can't say that it will always be this way. But I think you can assume it's probably going to be this way - so if you want these 3 to be your skips, that's fine! :)

One question is usually a standard multiple choice. Are those ones any easier for you? If so, maybe you do only that one (just read the question first and then skim to find what you need to answer, rather than reading all of the tabs up front).
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
oliviairis
Course Students

by oliviairis Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks Stacey! I will take a look to see whether the MCs are a bit easier for me.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by jnelson0612 Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Good! I often give the same advice to my students. For most people, a multiple choice question is just easier to content with. :-)
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor