The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.

Need urjent advice .. Please help (GMAT SCORE 610,600, 620)

by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:48 am

(Sorry for posting the same post in General Question Section as later I realised this should be best place to post it)

Hello friends,

I just came in after giving my GMAT for third time and score 620.
I am trying to beat this beast from last over 15 months. I have done everything possible I can do to study and ace this test. However, I have been only disappointed all these three time I appeared for my exam.

Here something about me.
I am 27 yrs old male engineer, Indian having 5.0+ years of experience in IT industries. Now I have came to USA on my H1B but I am not at all interested in IT field rather rather from very beginning of my career I felt I am stuck in very wrong place but I always wanted to come out of it and MBA from very good (maybe, TOP 25) college is what I always used to dream. I appeared say 3-4 time for all Indian MBA entrance exams while I was in India but some how I could break 90% barrier the best I achieved was 85%tile for CAT exam in India. Then looking at the experience I have gained I shifted my horizon from domestic to International MBA. I somehow always had this believe that what is happened... It’s for good... so thinking positive I started my prep for GMAT. Frankly speaking when I start with it I really felt the level was far easy than all other Indian MBA entrance test and it’s true to some extent. And then I set a target of 700+ for myself because I know I belong to very competitive bracket being MALE, INDIAN, IT, 5.0 YRS EXP, I have very typical profile which is identical to about every 3 out 5 MBA applicant. So I have to score 700+ if I need to do my MBA in any of TOP 25 schools with good scholarship etc.

My career interest in Human Resource and General Management. So my dream schools are
Cornell, USA
Indian business School, India
Thunderbird, USA
INSEAD, Singapore

Most of all these school need 700+ score(I guess)

So my question is:-
Considering my situation and the fact that I want to come out of IT industries without compromising on monetary and Value education. Should I try for my 4th GMAT attempt with an intension of 700+ or I should apply with this 620 score???

Now,
If I analyzed my performance in all these test section wise
610(46Q, 28V)
600(50Q, 21V)
620(48Q, 27V)

I can conclude that even tough I am good in Quant my verbal need heavy improvement by at least 8-10 point. So even in my worst day if I happen to score 46 in quant scoring about 38-40 in verbal can ensure me good GMAT score. But I hardly find anything is left for me on verbal front as I have done:-

Princeton
Kaplan Premiere Edition
Kaplan Verbal book
Kaplan 800
OG10
OG11
Official Verbal Review
Official Quant Review
Manhattan all 8 book (Including latest edition of SC book)
LSAT for RC only
IMS, a coaching class in India, notes

And I have also given almost the entire available test from
Princeton
Kaplan
Manhattan
Verities
800Score

I know I am working TOO hard crack this not so hard exam for few of you. But I have this FIRM believe that I can beat this beast and score 700+

I don’t know where and what is lacking in my prep. I am studying for literally whole day just thinking of GMAT, GMAT and only GMAT. Few of you may say that this is madness but I believe it passion, it is believe that you have on yourself, it more of faith, its more of proving yourself something.

So friends, Please suggest me what should be my next course of action. I am playing with idea of giving my GMAT one more last time with an intension of scoring at least 38-40. So I want to know

It is good that I should take it one more time?
How difficult it would be for guy scoring 21, 27 and 28 in verbal in his last 3 attempt to score 38-40 in verbal?
What kind of plan should be in place?
Is one month will be sufficient considering that I can devote 2-3 hrs daily?

Please advice me. Whenever my morale got down I come to this forum and get inspiration now please help me. I don’t want to be stupid who is running for something without taking right advice. So friend please help me by suggesting me right path/Strategy?

Sorry for long post, I hope I explained my position satifactory!!!
chaitanya.vuddandam
Forum Guests

Re: Need urjent advice .. Please help (GMAT SCORE 610,600, 620)

by chaitanya.vuddandam Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 am

Dear friend,

After reading your post as a fellow human, all i can say is 'you have done,what you have to do',and hope you continue your journey in pursuit of your passion.I was just amazed by going through the stat's and the analysis of your GMAT battle.

My simple advice 'take out a coin from your pocket,

1. you love GMAT - head
2. you hate GMAT - tails

Flip it in the air,while the coin is in the air , observe your thoughts and read your mind and follow your instincts, if all these say that you love GMAT, then go for it! try one more time, keep trying.There's nothing in this universe that can take away your passion unless you yourself throw it away.

I am not a successful businessman or Harvard grad or any other high profile white collared job holder. I am just a guy who is passing by, accidentally saw your post and took a stop to just push you forward towards your goal.I don't know if my words can help someone do it,but i hope 'you will be great man in future, if this spirit is up there all time '!

Take a break, Go for a vacation, spend time with friends and family and kids. We were just here , and will be , for a handful of years . So, you can choose whatever you want right ? Don't get down , something's up there waiting for you !

- A fellow Human
puneet124
Students

Re: Need urjent advice .. Please help (GMAT SCORE 610,600, 620)

by puneet124 Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

chaitanya.vuddandam Wrote:
I am not a successful businessman or Harvard grad or any other high profile white collared job holder. I am just a guy who is passing by, accidentally saw your post and took a stop to just push you forward towards your goal.I don't know if my words can help someone do it,but i hope 'you will be great man in future, if this spirit is up there all time '!

Take a break, Go for a vacation, spend time with friends and family and kids. We were just here , and will be , for a handful of years . So, you can choose whatever you want right ? Don't get down , something's up there waiting for you !

- A fellow Human

So warm reply chaitanya