Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
John P

New v. Used

by John P Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm thinking about purchasing used Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides. But before I do, I want to know if there's any difference between getting used ones versus old ones. Thanks.
ayang
ManhattanGMAT Staff

new vs. used

by ayang Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:22 pm

John,

That's a great question, as many people are motivated to buy used copies of books to save money.

The main drawback to buying used copies (and it's a big one) is that the code used to access online resources has been used in almost every case. In other words, you won't be able to access the question bank or the online tests that generally accompany each book.

You could buy separate access to the online resources, but that would likely defeat the purpose of buying used copies in terms of cost.

You can also buy one new book to receive access to the online tests, and then buy other used books. The only drawback here would be that you would not have access to the question banks that accompany each of the used books.

I hope that this is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions, or if we can provide any other assistance. Best, - Andrew
JadranLee
ManhattanGMAT Staff

New v. Used

by JadranLee Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 am

Manhattan GMAT has just released new, revised versions of our textbooks (May 2007).

The new books contain greatly expanded coverage of Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. There is now a whole book for Critical Reasoning and a whole separate book for Reading Comprehension (these two topics were covered together in one book last year). This brings the total number of MGMAT strategy guides up to 8, from 7 last year.

So, particularly if you're concerned about the verbal portion of the test, it might make sense for you to invest in the 2007 edition.

-Jad
MeghaV725
Students

Re: New v. Used

by MeghaV725 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 am

Hi,

Which is the best and latest version of verbal books to buy now? and do we get access to free questions and CATs if we buy kindle version of it?
RonPurewal
Students

Re: New v. Used

by RonPurewal Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:42 am

For the most up-to-date information on the materials, please contact our Student Services department.
+1 212-721-7400
gmat@manhattanprep.com