gsustat1
Forum Guests

not able to finish IR everytime

by gsustat1 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi there, so I've tried two cat exams and I'm doing well on verb and quant. sections, but IR is kicking my butt. Every time I just can't seem to finish IR, the first time with 4 questions unanswered and the second time 2. I wonder if it's just me, or the MGMAT is being overly hard on IR. I don't have this problem when doing the GMAT prep ( though I just did one of the two free cat preps).
tim
Course Students

Re: not able to finish IR everytime

by tim Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

possibly. but regardless, you should take a look at what's causing you to be slow on the IR section and see if you can come up with some solutions. let us know what you come up with and we can help you further..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
sachin.w
Forum Guests

by sachin.w Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 am

Frankly, I also feel MGMAT IR is extremely lenghtly. .
I struggle to complete the section.. and have never been able to go beyond the score of 1.7

Not really sure If this is how it would be on the real GMAT. .

And what exactly does the score of 1.7 mean?
. on the GMAT Prep, it would be a integer from 0 to 8.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by jnelson0612 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi sachin,
I have as suggestion--take a GMAT Prep test and see what your IR looks like. We are working to make ours as close to the actual IR as possible, but the GMAT Prep is always the gold standard in terms of accurate score prediction.
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor
mokura
Students

by mokura Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 am

I agree.. the MGMAT IR is ridiculously difficult! This has been discussed quite a bit on gmatclub as well. Even with the explanations, it is pretty hard to understand.
messi10
Course Students

by messi10 Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 am

Yes, it is a harder but so is MGMAT quant.

Bear in mind is that its better to have harder practice material than easier practice material. If you sit for the actual test and find the actual test more difficult, then that is a worse situation to be in.
tim
Course Students

by tim Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 am

Yes, IR can be difficult for a lot of students, often because of timing issues. Let us know if there are specific things we can help you with. Of course, feel free to continue to use this thread to vent your frustration - we sympathize! :)
Tim Sanders

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
kulkarnios
Forum Guests

by kulkarnios Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:19 am

Please shed some light on usage of calculator in IR. It is supposed to save time but actually it is killing time.

Knowing reciprocal percentages, perfect sqaures till 32, Pythagorean triplets.... these are helpful. But calculator !!!!! To test aptitude.. please explain.

Omkar kulkarni
tim
Course Students

by tim Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you want from us here, but I would say if the calculator is "killing time" for you and you find it easier to perform your calculations manually, you should probably do that!
Tim Sanders