The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
ram4tech

Not completely prepared

by ram4tech Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi Folks,

I have signed up to take the test on Sat. and I know I am not prepared but it was too late to cancel or postpone the test date. So, should I go and take the test knowing that I do not want to know the score (as I don't want that to go on my records) or simply don't show up.

-R

by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:57 pm

just cancel it... no refund............

by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:52 pm

what's the difference in just cancelling and not showing up.

What's the downside in taking the test and not submitting the score or finding the score.
mdinerstein
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mdinerstein Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi Guest,

Great question! If you take the test and cancel your score, your GMAT transcript shows that you sat for the test, but decided not to see your scores. ManhattanGMAT STRONGLY recommends never canceling your scores unless you run out of time and fail to answer a few questions. This is because canceling your scores will oftentimes have a negative impact on your overall business school application; some admissions officers will equate a blank score with not preparing well or being too frightened of the test to check the score.

If you simply do not show up for the test, your GMAT transcript will not show your planned test date.

In both cases, sadly, you will still be out $250, so when you set your test date, be sure to show up and look at your scores!

I hope this helps.

Best,

Michael Dinerstein
Marketing & Student Services Associate
michael@manhattangmat.com
800-576-4628
212-721-7400