If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!

Now or Later?

by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 am

I just took the GMAT and came away with a 600. I was hoping for a better score of course, but am not entirely disappointed. I realize my chances at top schools are slim to none, but I still may apply to one or two stretches (UNC, UT-Austin, maybe Michigan and Duke).

Can you offer insight into non-top-rated schools? Are there any other respectable marketing programs I should be considering?

The debate I am having is weather it's worth my time/money to roll the dice this year, and to apply to my stretches as well as safe non-top tier programs, or if it would be a better long-term investment to wait a year, improve my score, and go for top programs?
MBA Mission

Re: Now or Later?

by MBA Mission Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your question about "now or later" is really a personal one. With such a low score, in such a competitive year, Duke and Michigan will be real reaches, unless you have a standout profile in all other respects. What is your professional/academic/community story?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Guest Wrote:I just took the GMAT and came away with a 600. I was hoping for a better score of course, but am not entirely disappointed. I realize my chances at top schools are slim to none, but I still may apply to one or two stretches (UNC, UT-Austin, maybe Michigan and Duke).

Can you offer insight into non-top-rated schools? Are there any other respectable marketing programs I should be considering?

The debate I am having is weather it's worth my time/money to roll the dice this year, and to apply to my stretches as well as safe non-top tier programs, or if it would be a better long-term investment to wait a year, improve my score, and go for top programs?