Verbal questions and topics from the Official Guide and Verbal Review books.
MWW7786

OG #38 - quicky

by MWW7786 Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Hey Andrew,

The answer is D. 8)

I doubled back and recognized this as an imperfect option.

However, the "spontaneously" gives me the willies. Doesn't this create an imbalance in the 2nd clause - adverb to no adverb in 1st clause?

MWW7786
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:10 pm

Hey - I'm taking on some of Andrew's forum duties, so not sure how soon he'll see this. Is this something you guys were discussing a while ago? I don't see a question attached here and I don't see another thread recently referencing OG #38.

If you're a student in Andrew's class and just want to continue the conversation, you might want to email him directly to make sure he sees this. Otherwise, if you provide the problem (or give me a link to a previous thread), I'd be happy to weigh in! :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
mww7786

Nope

by mww7786 Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Hey Stacy 8) 8)

I was just trying to ask on OG #38 why d is the correct answer. There seems to be an imbalance when one part of the sentence uses spontaniously, and the prior part contains no adverb?

Please explain d if it is infact correct, Thanks stacy. Mark West
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Got it - if you could, please post the entire question (including answers). I don't have my OG with me right now - but even if I did, actually, I'd ask that you post the entire thing so that others can see what we're talking about.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep