Math questions and topics from the Official Guide and Quantitative Review books. Please try to follow the posting pattern (e.g. OG - DS - #142) to allow for easier searches. Questions posted in the GMAT Math section regarding the OG have been moved here.
anish

OG - DS - #?

by anish Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 am

Pls provide soln to the following DS problems

a) In a certain business, production index p is directly proportional to efficiency index e, which inturn is proportional to investment index i. What is p if i =70

1) e=0.5 whenever i=60

2) p=0.2 whenever i=50

b) Every member of a certain club volunteers to contribute equally to the purtop of a $60 gift certificate. How many members does the club has.

1)Each members contribution is to be $4

2) If 5 members fail to contribute, the share of the remaining members will be increased by $2
dbernst
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by dbernst Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:49 am

Anish,

We cannot comment on problems unless we know their source. Please cite your problems, and we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks!
-dan
anish

by anish Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Source is OG 11
esledge
Forum Guests

by esledge Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Anish,

Sorry to be a stickler, but can you also post the question numbers? For ease-of-use, we want people to be able to search the forum by source and number.

Also, since these are OG problems, I assume you (and other forum users) have already read the OG solution. We might be able to give you a more specific explanation if you can also tell us where the OG solution lost you.

Thanks.
Emily Sledge
Instructor
ManhattanGMAT