Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.

OG Tracker for Mac Users

by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:19 pm

Hello,

Thank you for unlocking the filter for the Mac version. It wasn't working. However, the option to auto-filter is turned off when I downloaded the tracker, so I can't set the filter.
Can you tell me how to set it up?

Thanks!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 am

I can't personally, but I can give you the contact info for tech support! :)

techsupport@manhattangmat.com
800.576.GMAT
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
douglasfcalvert

by douglasfcalvert Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:36 pm

What is the OG Tracker?
nixstor

What is OG tracker

by nixstor Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:29 pm

New in here. What is OG tracker?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 pm

The OG Tracker is a resource given to our students - if you're a student, you can download it from the Course Downloads section of your Student Center. It's an Excel spreadsheet listing every question in the 3 official guide books so you can track your work.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
nixstor

by nixstor Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:09 pm

What is the password to unlock the OG tracker on mac?

I am taking notes and would like to set the wrap text into one cell. Right now, it goes on to the next cell and it aint looking good.

Is there any reason why its locked out? (or) Do I call some one and get it?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Please contact tech support and they will help you out!
800.576.GMAT
techsupport@manhattangmat.com
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep

by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:06 pm

I am doing my RC exercises and I am halfway through. I am doing good but taking time. I would like to confirm how the time under/over is calculated for RC's

As I understand Total time in that big block is Time spent on reading the passage + Time spent on answering all corresponding Q's. The excel spreadsheet has a predetermined value for every block on the above calculation and subtracts the time I calculated when I answer (spent in reading + answering) and gives a under/over value.

I am taking 50 sec's to 60 sec's on most Q's but one out of 5/6 are touching 1:50 sec or 2 min. Is that causing the over time limit (or) Is the pre calculated number by any chance not considering the time spent in reading the passage and only counting the time for answering the Q's

I am gonna plug in some numbers and see. But If any one knows for sure let me know
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm not sure, actually, how that formula is constructed for RC, but I sent off an email to ask - I'll let you know what I hear!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep

by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Any update?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:51 am

Thanks for pinging me again - I still haven't heard back but I will send another email right now!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:54 pm

Found out on the RC issue; here's a quote from our curriculum director:

"The precalculated target time is this: (number of questions) * 1 minute per question + a fixed amount of time to read the passage (3 min for short, 4 min for long). So, for instance, the very first RC set in the Diagnostic test in the OG 11th has 5 questions and a short passage. So the target time is 5 questions * 1 minute per question + 3 minutes = 8 minutes, or 480 seconds. Likewise, the second RC set in the Diagnostic test has 6 questions and a long passage, so the target time is 6 question * 1 minute per question + 4 minutes = 10 minutes, or 600 seconds. All the target times I’ve spot-checked are accurate. The times need to be inputted in seconds. I’m not sure if that’s causing the issue for the poster."
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep

by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks one more gripe

I like the tracker because it clearly tells me where I suck (even though I know where I suck). The questions are arranged in the order they appear in OG by number. How ever students solve the problems by Topic. I find it very laborious to keep searching for the 48th Q row after 25th Q row and I hate it. I am pressed for time and this takes more time than if I were just scrolling down the arrow button, entering answers once and then start again entering my time for that set of Q's

Has there been any consideration of arranging the tracker by topic so that it saves more time? I called the tech support guy and he thinks I am talking about some timer. I guess he is new and does not know the tracker.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Are you using an older version? The current version has the cells unlocked so that you can sort any way you want. At the top (the title row), you can sort by anything you want if you click on the little black downward pointing arrow in the gray square. If you're using the old version, download the new one and just cut and paste your existing data into the new one.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep