Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
SunilS556
Students

online access extension

by SunilS556 Tue May 19, 2020 12:31 pm

hi Manhattan team,

I have got access to gmat online products last year and i was planning to take my GMAT exam this year in April.
However due to lock down,non-availability of test centers, travel restrictions etc, related to Covid 19 situation i had to postpone my exam from April.
As per the updates on site(link below) regarding corona virus, I was glad to see that the online access will be extended.
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog/covid19/

My access got expired on 16th May. When i checked via customer representative(via online chat), he has declined to extend my access.
I have been given the reason that enrollment via book codes cannot be extended.
This was quite surprising as the announcement didnt mention anything for that. I am not sure why the access extension is not allowed for products purchased legitimately via book codes.

I am not sure if its the right section of forum to raise this query. But i would appreciate if this can be looked at.

I have already dropped a mail but have not heard anything on it.

Regards
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: online access extension

by StaceyKoprince Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi! I'm quoting from the blog post you linked:

For our Complete Course and Interact students whose online resource access expired on Jan 1, 2020 or later:

That is, the free extensions have been offered to people who took a course or did our self-study (Interact) program. Study programs are quite expensive already, so we aren't charging those students another fee to extend their access.

There actually aren't resource extensions available for books ever / in general (even if you wanted to pay)—they just come with a certain length of access and that's it. Only study programs allow people to extend access for a specific fee.

Our student services team is telling me that most book-buyers who want to extend access really want the CAT exams. You can purchase 6 months of access to the CAT exams for I believe $49 (but check the website to make sure) and, if you had already taken CATs before, the system will save your prior data and you'll be able to access it again.

I'm sorry that resource extensions aren't available for books. Good luck with your exam—whenever you're able to take it!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
blackmarch103
Forum Guests

by blackmarch103 Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:30 am

Thanks you for sharing.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:38 pm

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any questions!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
razvan.horga
Students

by razvan.horga Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 am

Hopefully this COVID-19 vaccine will be a one-off vaccine and we will never need it again. But at the moment we do not know how long the immunity that this vaccine gives us will last, I made the Covid vaccine myself and I hope it will give immunity forever)
There is evidence that disease alone does not confer permanent immunity on everyone, so the alarming possibility remains that the vaccine will not. This disease is much worse than any type of flu that we have seen since the Spanish flu about 100 years ago. I sincerely hope we don’t have to fight it like the flu forever.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will end up like the flu (that is, we'll need a shot every year but it won't be as deadly as it was at first because lots of people will have at least some protection from the vaccine or from prior exposure to the actual virus). But I hope you're right that it ends up more like polio and other diseases—a small number of shots and then we're done for life.

Do you have any questions about the GMAT?
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep