If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
JohnS912
Course Students

Open Interviews

by JohnS912 Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 pm

First off, thanks for the time. I have signed up for open interviews at Tuck and UNC and was wondering if completing those prior to my application in conjunction with class visit provide any advantage over the larger applicant pool?

Also, how much time do you buget for each application assuming the GMAT, resume and school selection are already complete?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Open Interviews

by mbamissionjenK Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi there,

I think it's great that you are taking advantage of the open interviews and school visits. While they will not always technically say you have an 'advantage' by doing so, the schools do recommend it and it obviously shows you are very interested in the school. Also you'll get a chance to really see and know the campus and student life if you speak with people etc while there, all of which can benefit you. At the end of the day all you can do is your best to be yourself, make a good impression, share who you are, and get to know the school and how you are a good fit.

As for timing of applications etc... sounds like you are already in the process (??) and it can vary GREATLY... without knowing more about you and your timing and deadlines etc, just in a 'vacuum' I'd say it's most ideal to work on your essays and applications over a 2-6 month timeframe, with many people spending about 6-8 weeks on essays (but arguably if you have a bit more time to really do some in-depth brainstorming and drafting etc, it can likely help). And of course when people find themselves a couple of weeks before a deadline, it can be done; it's just that you'll likely have a higher quality product if you are able to plan further ahead.

Hope that helps! Good luck.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php