Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
kamal.singhy
Students

Pattern of MGMAT's performance

by kamal.singhy Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi instructors,

My scores in MGMAT tests are as follows:

MGMAT-1
-----------
680 (49/34) - 2May

MGMAT-2
-----------
640 (46/32) - 16May

MGMAT-3
-----------
680 (47/36) - 30 May

I noticed my performance in all the tests and concluded that

a. My RC hit rate is merely 10% - so my verbal score is very very low only because of RC. My hit rate for SC/CR is very high.

b. I am engineering graduate passed out in 2005, but I am facing problem in quant section i.e. not able to complete the section in time. My hit rate would be very high in the beginning but when I run out of the time, I need to do some guesses.

So need suggestion for improving my RC. Even though I went through OG-Verbal/OG-12. My hit rate was around 70% within time. Also I have a problem with MGMAT RC window(smaller in comparison with Real GMAT window that looks far more better)

I am quite sure that I am gonna improve my score in next 3 tests since I was in revision mode in all those tests. But I need to work on RC,RC and RC.
tim
Course Students

Re: Pattern of MGMAT's performance

by tim Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:58 am

RC is one of those things where you really need to have some general skill at reading, and you don't provide any details about your personal situation, i.e. did you just learn English recently and struggle with understanding information in English? Are you just slow at processing information on the passages? Are you following the techniques outlined in our RC strategy guide? This information would be helpful in analyzing your specific situation..

In general, i find that one of the best approaches to RC is to take the questions you answer and review them deeply: you need to take a close look at all the answer choices and understand not only why the correct answer is correct but why all the wrong choices are wrong. Try to identify why the GMAT included each wrong choice and what trap they tried to lay for you. Once you figure this out you will be much better prepared to avoid those traps in the future..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html