Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
kapilnitt
Students

Please help to select the schools for round 2

by kapilnitt Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 am

Hi,

I've received 680 (49Q, 34V) and this was my third attempt. In earlier attempts i got 600 each time. I want to apply for Executive MBA in round 2. Please help me to select the universities, which i should target at. My profile is as given below:

Academic:

Nationality - Indian (male)
Secondary - 89%
Sr. Secondary - 75%
B. Tech (Civil) - NIT, Tirchy - CGPA - 8.5 (out of 10)
Department topper in 5th semester during bachelor degree.

Professional:

- Total work experience of 4 years.
- Working in a public sector Petroleum company (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation limited) as an Officer.
- Worked as a second in-charge at the location for 2 years.
- Headed all the departments (including M&R, Operation, Purchase, Safety and Security) in last 4 years turn by turn.
- Led a team of 4 officers and 8 clerks and 40 workers at my location.
- Got selected as employee of the month in the month of September'11 in HPCL.

Extra Curricular activities:

- Won inter-college technical quiz conducted by UltraTech.
- Won a district level singing competition.
- Coordinated various technical and cultural events in the college.
- Done "Art of living" basic as well as advanced course.

As an Indian, my first choice is ISB, Hydrabad. I'm planning to apply for 6 colleges, including ISB. Please help me shortlisting rest 5 colleges.
I'm interested in marketing, finance or General management.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kapil

Before you acheive, you must believe!!!
bschool.fostiima
Forum Guests

Re: Please help to select the schools for round 2

by bschool.fostiima Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 am

There are various MBA colleges which offer this course across the world and there are many that provide this course in India as well. In such a situation, it becomes really difficult for the students to choose from the long list of colleges. It is a very prestigious degree and students do not want to make any mistake while choosing a good MBA college. They can choose depending upon the specialization they want to opt for. As, all of these colleges provide a variety of specialization to choose from. All of the MBA colleges have different criteria for admissions. Many of them provide admissions on the basis of some qualifying exams that are conducted at different places. CAT is one such exam. It is conducted by the IIM’s, however many other top MBA colleges give admissions to students depending on their CAT scores. There is one other round of exam to qualify for these colleges, which are the GD and PI round. Colleges evaluate a student’s performance based on both of these exam phases. It can be rightfully said that the more difficult it is to get into an MBA college, the better the college is in terms of providing education. Hence, while applying for these colleges, a student should focus on these criteria as well and choose the college accordingly.

you can visit
<a href="http://www.fostiima.org/">top mba college in india
</a>
olivialeeper
Forum Guests

by olivialeeper Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:38 am

your carrier achievements are great. take a look at the college like NIIT for your better development.
shreyamalhotra62
Forum Guests

by shreyamalhotra62 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:33 am

You have scored very excellent marks for which you should opt for many universities which is the no one ranked is
amity university mba
with having being ranked even among all the business school !
Go for it ! you love the environment also you will like the infrastructure with your improvement in career with best opportunities in future.