If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
dinesh.rajput
Students

Profile Assessment: 680, 07 yrs. exp in Purchase, 3.0 GPA

by dinesh.rajput Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi All,
Please have a look at my profile details below and comment on my chances of making it to one of my dream schools-

I recently took my GMAT and did score 680. I work as Strategic Buyer(Projects) in SCM with SIEMENS. I have more than 07 years experience in this field and will have 08 yrs. by next year. I did Civil engg. with 3.0 GPA (WES iGPA) from Punjab Engg. College Deemed Univ. Chandigarh (one of Top 20 in India). I have been involved in Community services from college days. I was part of Help India Help foundation from 2009-2013 (teaching poor children) and currently engaged with LCRA which is active in rehabilitation and health of underprivileged children. I have been rewarded with Out-of-term increment for exemplary performance and One of My Idea selected for Global 'CIP' challenge.

My target schools are Fuqua, Darden, Tepper, Ross, ISB and Kellogg.

Or, Can you please suggest any other b-schools where I can be competitive based on my profile?

Your help, guidance and inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks for your valuable time....!!!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Assessment: 680, 07 yrs. exp in Purchase, 3.0 GPA

by mbamissionjenK Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Your GPA is quite low for most of your schools; you may want to consider re-taking the GMAT?? To help strengthen your indications of academic ability and get close to your schools' averages. Kellogg will be quite tough I believe. ISB may as well. Even the others you mentioned, which less of a stretch, will not be easy for you to gain acceptance to. I'd suggest looking more at the schools in roughly the 20-40 range. Maybe investigate UNC, Marshall, Georgetown etc as well.

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php