If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
JamesP889
Course Students

Profile Eval and Suggestions!

by JamesP889 Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:37 pm

GMAT: 650 (42Q/38V) I don't feel like I did my best on Quant. I probably could re-take and feel somewhat confident about scoring in the 45 range for Q.

Chemical Engineering degree from a NC State University. 3.3 GPA

~2 years work experience as a process engineer and 2 years as a shift supervisor supervising production and 14 production workers. Strong reviews and could get recommendations from managers.

With my GMAT score as is, or with a max probably in the 680 neighborhood, should I retake the GMAT? Without a major name brand undergrad (Ivy or "public ivy"), what schools should I be looking for and will a higher score significantly help me?
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Profile Eval and Suggestions!

by mbaMissionKate Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi there! Yes, I think retaking makes sense for you. Not just because your Quant is lower than I'd like to see, but mainly because you said you feel you could have done better. If you feel like you left some "points on the table" then it's definitely worth giving it another shot! And it can't hurt because schools always take your highest attempt.

Take a look at schools median GMAT scores and aim for ones where your score is fairly close. Perhaps adding in a stretch or safety to round out your list. It's hard for me to advise on specific schools without knowing more about your post-MBA career plans, and other factors that are important to you (e.g., geography, curriculum preference, industry focus, etc.)

Feel free to write back with more info or check out our free guide on selecting programs: http://shop.mbamission.com/products/sel ... ba-program

Good luck!!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php