If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
kapild111
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation - (and comment on GMAT Score

by kapild111 Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for MBA in 2015. Following are the details:

Self - Indian, Male, 31 years old,
UG Degree - BTech. Chemical Engineering, IIT
GPA - 8.19 / 10 (3.27 on scale of 4.0) , (2nd rank in class of 55)

12th - 76.4%, 10th - 85.4%. Gap of three years from 12th and Btech (joined a BSc program and pursued family tradition of astrology)

Work Experience - 7+ years (one of the largest oil and gas companies) in three countries (India, Malaysia and USA). I have worked on some of the most complicated projects and have delivered substantial results. I also have one of the most unique profile within the company and am confident of getting very positive recommendations.

Extracurricular-

- Numerous awards in college in dramatics and speaking.
- Joint Secretary of Theater and Astronomy clubs in student Gymkhana.

GMAT (The sad story - just gave it)
Score 1st attempt - 710, 50Q, 34V -:(

Target Schools - Top 10 (especially MIT Sloan, Kellogg, Wharton, Insead, may apply for Stanford and Harvard).

Appreciate a feedback on profile and if I need to take GMAT again. I gave GMAT after halfhearted preparation of about 20 days (not more than couple of hours a day) and I am confident that I can score much higher in verbal.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation - (and comment on GMAT Score

by mbamissionjenK Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi there,

A 710 is still respectable and not very far from the averages at top schools. Your quant score is quite strong. That said if you are very confident that you can do better in verbal and bring up your overall, and have the time and interest in trying again, certainly you can give it a shot! Schools take the highest score and it's not uncommon to take it more than once. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
jewela54
Forum Guests

Re: Profile Evaluation - (and comment on GMAT Score

by jewela54 Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 am

NIBM faculty members combine a solid academic background and ample professional experience as business leaders, entrepreneurs, business consultants and researchers in various fields. ONLINE MBA curriculum is based on principles such as theory-based reasoning and analytical thinking, practical relevance, becoming an effective leader, becoming an effective international team member, and developing and leveraging networks. A carefully planned and executed thesis project under the supervision of a qualified faculty member