If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SamanvayM9
Students

Profile evaluation for MBA

by SamanvayM9 Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian

Mechanical graduate from top reputed private university (Non IIT) with a GPA of 8.9. (top 7 percent) Would be 3.9 plus in US system.

I did a six months internship at Tata motors during my 6th semester and was among 6 students selected from a batch of 140. Received Six sigma green belt for successfully completing training and project. Also was awarded best trainee second runners up.

Masters in mechanical engineering - UC Berkeley (Highest ranked public engineering university in the world)
GRE of 331/340.
3.8 GPA in masters (Top 10 percent).
Awarded Fung Fellow designation and 20k dollars merit scholarship from Berkeley.

First attempt GMAT - 770. Q51 V42. IR 8 AWA 5.5

Working as a product quality engineer in a German multinational (Fresenius, Global F-500 and world leader in dialysis therapy) in San Francisco since mid 2016.
Fresenius is more than a century old company and is the largest dialysis medical devices manufacturer in the world as well as has nearly 90 percent market share in the dialysis market. They are the largest hospital group in Europe owning about 100 hospitals there and a few thousand clinics in USA.

Extra curriculars:
State level badminton player in school
Convener of muse club in college.
Participated and won a lot of literary and quizzing events in college.
Have 2nd year degree certificate for tabla
Also planning to take CFA level 1 by Dec and level 2 by June next year.

I am planning to apply to Harvard , Wharton or Stanford after 2 years. What can I do to improve my profile. Also do I have a chance in these universities.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile evaluation for MBA

by mbamissionjenK Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi there,

Congrats on the GMAT!! And your academic performance overall. The biggest challenge to you is, given the caliber of school you are interested in, competition is so still among Indian engineering applicants. So you need to differentiate from those similar to you. The more you can demonstrate LEADERSHIP at work (or even outside of work) the better..... think of any ways, big or small, that you can 'go beyond' what is expected of you on the job. Take initiative, suggest ideas for improvements, make an impact, be remembered in the coming years of work so that you have specific examples you can cite in your resume and on applications. It would also be a plus to get regularly involved in the community, for a cause you are interested in. Finally be sure you research thoroughly, related to your post-MBA goals, and related to school choice, as that will only help you in the strength of your essays and interview answers. Good luck, keep in touch!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php