If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
srishtyp4
Students

Profile Evaluation- Indian, Female(24 years)

by srishtyp4 Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi,

I recently took GMAT and scored 540.

I am an under graduate from Sri Venkateshwars college (University of Delhi), its a Tier 1 college.
My graduation was in Bsc. (Hons) Biological Sc.

Here are my acadmics:

X std: 80%
XII std- 82%
Under Graduate- 60%

Work Ex:

3+ years of work ex in Ecommerce, Mid Manager Level.
I have worked with some of the big names in the industry and have shown continuous growth in my career.
Being a Biological Sc graduate, it was difficult for me to get into E commerce without any professional qualification, but I have done significantly well. Would this give me some bonus points?

Target Colleges:

I wish to go for a 1 Year MBA. Preferred colleges would be London Business School and ISB.

Kindly suggest if I should apply to these colleges with my current GMAT score or I should take GMAT again.
Also, If any other colleges would be a better fit, kindly suggest.

Any help and suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation- Indian, Female(24 years)

by mbamissionjenK Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 am

Hi there,

Are you able to take the GMAT again? It could greatly benefit you... right now you'll be well below the average at a wide range of MBA programs included those you mentioned. Schools take the highest score and it's quite common to take it multiple times, and in fact if you are not happy with your score you can now cancel it and schools will never know you re-took in fact. So I'd say sign up for a prep course or work with a private tutor and see if you can bump it up 100 points or more! ;) In any case, other options in Europe you could look at might include Imperial, Cranfield, Bocconi, CASS... but even those will need higher GMAT scores generally. Good luck with your decisions!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php