If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
ChaitanyaB909
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation - MiM in US - Fall 2015

by ChaitanyaB909 Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:24 pm

- Qualification: Bachelors of Engineering(University of Mumbai), Aggregate - 72%(CGPA ~ 3.5); Year - 2013

- GMAT score: 700 (Q - 49; V - 36), AWA - 4.5, IR - 7

- Work-experience:
1o months in Technology consulting(Deloitte consulting) as Business Technology Analyst
1 month in consumer goods industry as Junior Marketing Executive(6 months at the time of matriculation)

- Achievements:-
Winner of National level technical quiz, 2010
Winner of Innovation contest, Deloitte, 2014
Research paper published in IEEE and IET journals

- Extra-curricular:-
-Member of a college committee as "Technical head"(2012 and 2013); supervised 8-10 volunteers to organize the events; was also actively involved in marketing and publicity activities.
-Have applied to volunteer for an NGO(starting next week - Say 3 weeks of volunteering at the time of application)

- Goal:-
To get into management consulting or a marketing position after completion of course in the US.

Universities applying to(Fall 2015):-
Duke(Fuqua)
Michigan(Ross)
Notre Dame(Mendoza)
SMU(Cox)
ASU(W.P.Carey)

Question:-

-How strong is my profile for the universities i am considering? (For Masters in Management)
-What should be my selling point according to you?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation - MiM in US - Fall 2015

by mbamissionjenK Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It sounds as though your profile is solid for a MiM degree; Duke & Ross may be a bit tougher for you among your list but things look good thus far. I like your extracurricular, volunteering, and especially supervising the volunteers experience.... see what you can do to showcase teamwork and leadership skills, and any international experiences. Also be clear about exactly why you want the degree and how you see it benefiting you. Good luck on the applications!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php