If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
RJapplicant

profile evaluation, please

by RJapplicant Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:03 am

I am a russian male, 25.
Graduated in 2003 from a top10 university in Russia, located in a small town though. Majored in Hospitality and Tourism, near excellent GPA. Took many courses in Economics and Finance. Actively participated in official student affairs.
4 years working in b2b sales in construction industry in Siberia. Building from zero a distribution network for a new flat glass producer. Managing a sales team, 6 workers.
Came to Japan in 2006 to conduct a research on Education in Japan at a top10 Japanese University. Took courses in Finance and Economics there.
Currently living in Japan. Teaching English full-time at a private language school since August 2007.
Japanese proficiency above intermediate level.
TOEFL iBT 106
GMAT 710 AWA 4.5 12/27/2007 (Took the Manhattan GMAT online course! Previous results were 620 AWA 4.5 and 600 AWA 4.0)
Plan to get MBA to switch to finance, investment banking.
Applied to Columbia MBA on 9th January 2008, to Cambridge MBA the same week and to Melbourne MBA a week later.
Awaiting for replies. I have been studying all available MBA resources for seven years and reasonably picked up my choices among the world's top100 b-schools.
Could you, please, evaluate my acceptance chances at these schools. If you think that Columbia, Cambridge and Melbourne are beyond my reach, what schools can you recommend instead?
Thank you!
MBA Mission

Re: profile evaluation, please

by MBA Mission Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:41 pm

At MBA Mission, we constantly preach the gospel of differentiation. It seems to me that you have a remarkably distinct personal and professional background, aided by strong scores. If you were able to successfully market your distinct international/entrepreneurial experience, then you will likely have targeted the right schools. I think that the schools may regard your work as a teacher as a digression so your reasoning will need to be clear.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

RJapplicant Wrote:I am a russian male, 25.
Graduated in 2003 from a top10 university in Russia, located in a small town though. Majored in Hospitality and Tourism, near excellent GPA. Took many courses in Economics and Finance. Actively participated in official student affairs.
4 years working in b2b sales in construction industry in Siberia. Building from zero a distribution network for a new flat glass producer. Managing a sales team, 6 workers.
Came to Japan in 2006 to conduct a research on Education in Japan at a top10 Japanese University. Took courses in Finance and Economics there.
Currently living in Japan. Teaching English full-time at a private language school since August 2007.
Japanese proficiency above intermediate level.
TOEFL iBT 106
GMAT 710 AWA 4.5 12/27/2007 (Took the Manhattan GMAT online course! Previous results were 620 AWA 4.5 and 600 AWA 4.0)
Plan to get MBA to switch to finance, investment banking.
Applied to Columbia MBA on 9th January 2008, to Cambridge MBA the same week and to Melbourne MBA a week later.
Awaiting for replies. I have been studying all available MBA resources for seven years and reasonably picked up my choices among the world's top100 b-schools.
Could you, please, evaluate my acceptance chances at these schools. If you think that Columbia, Cambridge and Melbourne are beyond my reach, what schools can you recommend instead?
Thank you!