If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SiddharthR724
Students

Profile Evaluation please

by SiddharthR724 Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 am

Please evaluate my profile and suggest schools based on that, Looking primarily for 1 year programs

Undergrad: West Bengal University of Technology CGPA: 7.8/10

Major: Computer Science and Engineering

Years Work Experience: Currently 55 month

Nationality: Indian

GMAT: 690 (Q:49 V:34)

Work Experience: 5 years of solid work experience as Quality analyst in consulting and financial services industry, had few team level and organisation level awards to my name.

Extra Curriculars :
* Part of a NGO which helped in Nepal quake relief.
* Driven several recruitment drive for Deloitte and Accenture.
* Thread lead for deloitte community prorammes.
* Have had several other significant extra curricular activities to my name.

Short Term goals: Want to work into consulting sector.

One more thing is that i would rely heavily on scholarship/Loans so have to keep that in mind while applying. Also i want to apply in a country with relatively easier immigration and work permit rules.

Please suggest schools based on that
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation please

by mbamissionjenK Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Your grades sound solid, and I don't know a ton of detail about your work experience but it sounds like you have received some recognition and gained some quality experiences at prominent firms. The NGO experience is always a small plus as well. You haven't mentioned what region you are interested in or much about school factors beyond wanting scholarship/financial aid... keep in mind that there are many factors to consider, and also that scholarships are fairly limited and best chances are at schools where you are well above their average in terms of GMAT and class profile stats. Finally in terms of 1-year programs, they are more limited especially in the US; at your GMAT level and knowing the limited amount I know about you, you could look at BU, Mendoza, Babson, Thunderbird, Hough, Katz, Pepperdine in the US... there's CASS and Imperial in the UK... perhaps Bocconi, perhaps some schools in Australia or closer to you in Asia, within all the more your score is higher than average and overall profile more competitive, the better your chances for scholarships. For more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book.

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php