If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Aditya

Profile Evaluation - Plz help!!

by Aditya Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian male with 2 years of work ex (3 years, by the time I enroll into an MBA program) as a software engineer in a US-based firm, in India. I plan to enroll for Fall 09. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

I gave my GMAT a couple a weeks back and scored 690 (Q 44, V 40, AWA 4.5). My undergrad is average (60%) and my TOEFL score is 102. I have been involved with a Non-Profit organization that fights for the rights of under-age laborers as well (not just for boosting my profile, but for the fact that I truly believe in the firm's cause).

I want to enroll in a program that specializes in Marketing. I am targeting the 'Rest of the Best' B-schools, so to say, namely USC, INDIANA, GEORGETOWN, UT-AUSTIN, PURDUE, MARYLAND etc
Do you think I stand a good chance in these full time MBA programs?

Also, I am thinking of giving the GMAT again to improve my Quant score, which is 44. I was expecting a score of about 720 during preparation. Is it worth giving the exam again?

Any precious inputs would be utmost valued.

Thanks in advance.

Aditya
MBAApply

by MBAApply Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm

In short, yes you should be competitive for the schools you mentioned so long as your application (essays, resume, interview) are well executed.

As for your GMAT, if you have the time and inclination to re-take it with the expectation that you can boost it by more than 40 points (it's only really worth a re-take if you think you can boost it by that much), then by all means go for it this spring/summer before the applications come out later this summer.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com
Aditya

Thanks

by Aditya Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:55 am

Thank you for your response Alex!!!