If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SmitaR338
Students

Profile Evaluation Request for MS in MIS - GMAT 660

by SmitaR338 Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:33 am

Hi,

I scored 660 in GMAT (6-AWA, 3-IR, 36-V, 44-Q) and 113 in TOEFL. I studied in India and am an Engineer with specialization in Computer Science (2009)with 74.7% and an MBA graduate with specialization in Finance (2012) with GPA of 3.35/4. I have worked as a Financial Analyst at a top automobile MNC for 21 months in India. I plan on applying for MIS programs. Find below list of universities that I have chosen. Request your advise on the same.

1. Kelley School of Business, Indiana
2. University of Cincinnati
3. Eller College of Management
4. University of Washington, Seattle
5. Robinson College of Business, GSU, Atlanta

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Profile Evaluation Request for MS in MIS - GMAT 660

by mbaMissionKate Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi there -

It sounds like you've got a strong profile for the programs you list. I am not sure about all the programs but I checked Cincinnati and their average GMAT is 650. While work experience is typically not required for the MIS degree, it's great that you have some, especially for an MNC. You don't mention your post-degree career goals, but since you already have experience and a master's in finance, I think the only challenge for you will be explaining why the MIS is the right degree for you now. But it looks like you have a nice range of schools, so good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php