If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
tjbakshi
Students

Profile Evaluation Request

by tjbakshi Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks for evaluating my profile.

Undergrad: University of Maryland (GPA:3.7)

Major: Finance and Economics

Years Work Experience: 5 years at matriculation

Nationality: US Citizen

Ethnicity: Indian

GMAT: 710 (Q:49 V:37)

Work Experience:
* 2 years at a GSE (Fannie/Freddie) - Worked with the distressed asset portfolio - think this experience can help me differentiate myself from your typical investment banking applicant
* 1 year of M&A at a small boutique Investment Bank
* 2 years (current): Working at a lower tier bulge bracket investment bank in leverage finance / merchant banking

Certifications: CFA Charterholder

Extra Curriculars :
* Taught Hindi at a local Saturday school for 2 years; however since I have moved to my current job in NYC, I have limited time to do any extra curriculars due to my work schedule. Not sure if this will hurt my chances, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
*Was a former Teaching Assistant/Research assistant in International Economics during undergrad

ST Goals: Work in distressed debt

LT Goals: Once my career is over, I would like to teach finance in some capacity.

Target Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Sloan, Booth, Kellogg
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation Request

by mbamissionjenK Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you'll have some specific experiences (with distressed assets) that you can showcase as perspective you'll bring to the class, and your grades are strong and GMAT respectable. I'd highlight your various teaching experiences too as it shows communication skills and people-skills.

You've got a good basis for your profile thus far, but your school list is quite competitive... be sure to invest plenty of time on your applications to ensure you present the best possible picture of yourself and what you'll contribute, and why you are a good fit for each school. And if you'd like the best chances, you could add a school or two outside the top 8-10 or so for better chances. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php