If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!

Profile Evaluation

by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Graduated August '07 with a 3.81 GPA from Franklin University (local to Columbus, OH). Applying for the start of Aug '08.

Ethnicity: White, Male, 22

Work Experience: At time of entry 1.5 years in public accounting. I work on audits, corporate taxes, personal taxes, tax research, etc... Basically we are a small firm so I work on a variety of subjects than if I worked at a big firm and just audited. Management experience as a shift supervisor at Starbucks for 3 years.

GMAT: take it tomorrow but looking to be in the 600-640 range

Extracurriculars: none really since school and work took up most of my college life. I participate in charity running events. It is usually a 5k or 10k where you pay like $30 to run. Do not know if this will help me at all. I also work on cars as a hobby. If I do not know how to fix it, I read up on do-it-myself.

Other: My school loved people to work in groups. Usually I would not vote myself as team leader but usually was voted that position. During part of undergrad at a different school I was part of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity where I worked in a few different groups for the year I was a member

Schools I am aiming towards: Ohio State (part-time, since I live here and will continue to work), Purdue full-time, Indiana full-time, and University of Miami (OH).

My plans are for an MBA and then sit for my CPA. I think in my essays I will explain some of my shortcomings and how I can overcome those. I think my big concern is not enough experience and lack of charity/extracurricular work. Any help would be appreciated.

by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:20 am

bump for a response
MBAApply

by MBAApply Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Just apply and hope for the best. Worst case, you don't get in - you continue working and then reapply next year (or the year after that). You're young so there's no rush. And no, reapplicants aren't looked upon less favorably at all compared to first-time applicants.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com