If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
PraveenS734
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation

by PraveenS734 Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 am

Hi,

Please help me in profile evaluation.

Indian Male. Age-27
Degree: B.E Computer Science - 77%

GMAT score: 590 (Q 47, V24), IR 4, AWA 5.5

Yet to give my TOEFL.

Work Experience:
6 months Internship
4.5 years in IT

I have quit my job and started studying for GMAT and in parallel working a non-governmental organisation.

I have won lot of awards and appreciation. I was involved in social activities via my company educating children in Govt schools and teaching them on daily basis for few hours. Also this project won the best award for that year.

Also I have done lot of websites out of personal interest and one website.

I found couple of schools for my score: Mason, Fordham, Iowa state, Hult, Thunderbird, Cass, Katz and Rutgers.

Post MBA goal: To work for few hours and start my own business.

Please let me know what are my chances to get into any of the above schools.

Many Thanks.
Last edited by PraveenS734 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi there,

I may have responded on another forum (??), but in any case, have you considered re-taking the GMAT? Simply because at that score level there is lots of potential for improvement, and schools take the highest score... in fact they may wonder why you DIDN'T re-take if this was your own score. In any case a stronger GMAT would help even with the schools you mentioned; also the fact that you quit your job could be a small hurdle to deal with too, even with the NGO involvement... may come down to how you really explain/address this.

Good luck on your decisions and process!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php