If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
RavnishB422
Students

Profile Evaluation

by RavnishB422 Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 am

Hi, I am Ravnish, an Engineer from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in India and my final GPA was 3.6 . My past academic record has been decent but my extra curriculars arent good and I have no community servicce experience . I have been working with Schlumberger as an oilfield engineer for the last 27 months. My GMAT score is V39(89 percentile), Quant (97 percentile) overall 740(97 percentile),. I got 5.5(81 percentile) on AWA but my IR score of 6 on 8 (67 percentile) which is not good. So should I consider taking the GMAT again since I worked only for three weeks for the first attempt?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi there,

Congrats on the 740, that is quite strong given it's above the average at any business school in the world. ;) Generally when you are at that score level, additional points are not going to be the deciding factor... instead it will be all of the OTHER components of your application... especially your work experience, leadership, accomplishments, recommendations, personal stories and motivations shared through your essays, interviews, etc. You are on the less-experienced side of applicants so you'd want to show that your QUALITY of experience has been strong during that timeframe, and why NOW is the ideal time to apply vs waiting a little longer in your career. Lots to think about, keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php