If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
ShubhamS727
Students

Profile Evaluation

by ShubhamS727 Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:14 am

Hi,

Could you please help me evaluating my profile for application to full time MBA courses.

General : Indian, Male, 28 Yrs.
GMAT : 730 (Q51 V36), AW-5, IR-8. *This is my second score, first score being 690.
Previous Acads : Electrical Engg., IIT Kharagpur, India. GPA- 2.8/4 (7.79/10)
Work Exp : 6 Yrs, mostly in financial services sector.
Currently working as financial risk analyst in Credit Suisse (4 yrs). I began my career with a propriatary trading firm as a commodity futures trader. Then I had a six month stint with a patent litigation firm before joining CS.
Other Highlights :
1. got promoted in my current firm to AVP in 2015. leading a team of 6.
2. FRM certified, CFA Level 3 candidate for 2017.

Target Schools :

Wharton
Booth
LBS
INSEAD
Columbia
Stern

Apart from your expert feedback, I would also like to know the following :
1. your opinion on retaking GMAT.
2. probability of getting any scholarship.
3. How many schools to apply.

Please let me know if you need any further details from my side.

Advice or help very much appreciated.

Thank you
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:04 am

Hiya,

Thanks for your post! So you have quite a few strengths, including your GMAT (basically at or higher than the average at all of the schools you listed), promotion & recognition at work, CFA. What I don't know includes the specifics of your leadership and/or community experiences, details of what you've accomplished at work, and your goals, all of which can be relevant. Overall based ONLY on the info I have I'd say you are hopefully in the ballpark for your schools BUT it's quite a competitive list, so if you want more certainty or safer options, add another school or two that is slightly less competitive than those, if desired. Re: GMAT I don't see any need to re-take! Re: scholarships, it can be tough to get... you'd have better chances of scholarships at schools outside the top 15/20 roughly. In terms of # of schools, most of our clients apply to 3-6 schools per round.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php