If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
nadontheway

Profile Evaluation

by nadontheway Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:33 am

I'm planning to apply to MBA Top 10 school for Fall 09.

Background
Female
32 yrs old (turned 33 in 2009)
French Citizen (hold the algerian nationality as well)
BA International Affairs
Master Degree from HEC (the 1st French Business School in France)

Work experience:
French Ministry of Economy: 4 months in France and 2 years in Jordan (Middle East) as Commercial Atttaché
BNP PAribas: 6 months as business analyst for Middle East in Project Finance
Socgen, Paris: 2 years as business analyst in Project finance (international area)
MBIA, London (US company specialized in bond market): 1 year as Assistant Vice President (managed around 17 clients in Europe and Middle East).
worked as an intern for Congress of the US in Washington DC (2 months), for US Commerce Chamber in D.C. (3 months), and for the French embassy (3 months) (internships compulsory during my undergrad).

I speak french, english, spanish and arabic (my parents are from arab countries)

Extra curriculum/
10 years of gymnastics (competition) + Coaching for 2 years
Athletism (competition)- semi-marathon
Volunteer for organisation of underpriviledged children

I am having difficulties with GMAT. Thus, i am shooting for a 680 on the GMAT.

Thanks for your advice
MBAApply

by MBAApply Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:36 am

What kind of jobs are you looking for post-MBA, and where (country or countries)?

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com

by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:14 pm

I'd like to work in a reknown Investment Bank in London if possible (blue chips eg Goldman, Morgan Stanley) and get access to management in medium term. In longer term, I'll be interested in opening my own company.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Focus on the Euro programs:

Top choices: INSEAD, LBS
Backups: Oxford, Cambridge

These schools will give you the access to the investment banks (and any finance job) based in London.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com