If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AkshayM751
Course Students

Profile Evaluation

by AkshayM751 Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:16 am

Hello,

Hope you're doing well. It'd be of immense help if you could please review my profile.

· Demographics (nationality, gender):
I'm an Indian male student. I'm 25 right now.

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed):
5-year Law degree from National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata. It's a top law school in India. My GPA for the GMAT exam is 4/4. I graduated in 2018.

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown):
730 (Q48V41)

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
I graduated in 2018. I have about two years of work experience.

I was always interested in the corporate side of things even during law school. After my undergrad, I worked for a top law firm in India in the corporate division - with the focus on white collar crime. Due to health reasons, I had to leave the job three-four months after joining. After receiving my bar license, I practiced in the courts for some time. I joined my family's business around 2019. We own and operate a hospital. Initially, I started out by handling the legal side - working on medical cases, reviewing machinery purchase agreements and checking licenses and compliances. Today, I've much more involved in the operational side of the business than before. As its a small family-owned hospital, the organizational structure and the roles are not clearly defined. As the hospital has been taking COVID patients, I'm currently assisting in organizing COVID patient care and standard operating procedures.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
I have published two research articles on environmental law. One of my articles was published by a noted legal publisher. I've also been a part of some communities in college but the work was mainly organizational - hosting seminars, sports events.

· Post-MBA goals:
I want to carry on with my family business. I understand that my background is in law and I feel that a top MBA degree would equip me for handling the challenges of running a family business and growing the business.

· Target schools:
I'm targeting the M7 schools but at such a preliminary stage, I don't think I'm in a position to pin-point a school.

· Other information relevant to your profile:
I did do well in school and was pretty active in school. I don't know if that's material.

· Any specific questions you would like answered by our team:
1) In my first two attempts, I scored below 700; In my third attempt, I scored a 710 (Q50V35) and in my fourth attempt, I scored a 730(Q48V41). Should I worry about the regression in the quant score if I'm looking for a top ten school? Should I consider a retest? It will be my fifth attempt.
2) The average work experience for the top schools is around 4-5 years. Should I apply next year?