If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
uvaray

Profile evaluation

by uvaray Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi,
I was wondering what schools I should target for my MBA application. Top 25, top 20 or top 15? Here are my quick credintials:
--Undergrad - Mechanical Engineering degree from University of Virginia with a 2.5 gpa
--Grad - Systems Engineering degree from University of Virginia with 3.7 gpa (this was a accelerated program)
--Professional Engineer
--GMAT 670
--7 years of work experience. 5 as engineer, 2 as analyst, but did many entrepreneurial ventures including real estate development and even worked part time as a Realtor. However, I've been working for the past year starting a new marketing company that has not blossomed as much as I'd hoped so my accomplishments in the past year are limited.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MBA Mission

Re: Profile evaluation

by MBA Mission Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your grades are quite low and your GMAT is low. Still, if you have a record of achievement at work (were you promoted?) and have achieved via your multiple entrepreneurial endeavors, you might be able to overcome your statistical issues. A top 15 school would likely be a reach, but you might give it a shot. You would likely be competitive in the top 20 tier.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

uvaray Wrote:Hi,
I was wondering what schools I should target for my MBA application. Top 25, top 20 or top 15? Here are my quick credintials:
--Undergrad - Mechanical Engineering degree from University of Virginia with a 2.5 gpa
--Grad - Systems Engineering degree from University of Virginia with 3.7 gpa (this was a accelerated program)
--Professional Engineer
--GMAT 670
--7 years of work experience. 5 as engineer, 2 as analyst, but did many entrepreneurial ventures including real estate development and even worked part time as a Realtor. However, I've been working for the past year starting a new marketing company that has not blossomed as much as I'd hoped so my accomplishments in the past year are limited.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!