If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
J.D.

Profile evaluation

by J.D. Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:34 am

Hello,

I am having a lot of difficulty trying to evaluate my chances of getting in an MBA Program. If someone could pls. help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. Below are a few facts about me:

Undergraduate
Graduate from University of Toronto with a 2.17 GPA - I know it's very low and that's what scares me

Work Experience
2.5 years full time - promoted twice within this time period. I work at a Head Office for a big North American Retailer. I am currently an analyst (so a lot of quanitifying and analytic functions in my job).

I can get good recommendations - one from a high rank and one from a middle rank.

I don't have any volunteer. I sponsor two kids from South America from World Vision - I don't know if that's worth mentioning.

I am doing my GMAT on Oct. 27 and am hoping to do well ... and also hoping that my essays will turn out strong ... still working on them.

I'm applying to NYU Stern, INSEAD, Columbia ... what are my chances?

Thank you. :)
MBAApply

by MBAApply Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 pm

It's really hard to say.

If you blow them out of the water with your essays, you never know. However, your GMAT score will also dictate which schools you could be shut out of.

If your GMAT score is below 700 given your GPA, Columbia and INSEAD may be out of reach. NYU would be a stretch. Schools like Rotman, Ivey, USC, Georgetown, etc. may be more in range.

If your GMAT score is above 700, then your chances come down to how well you execute the application -- the quality of your essays, rec letters, interviews and so forth.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com