If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!

Profile Evaluation

by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 am

Hi Alex

I am giving some relevant information on my profile.

Request you to evaluate it :

GMAT Score : 720 (51Q/35V, AWA 5). Please note the 99th percentile quant...but also the 74th percentile verbal score.

GPA : I guess around 3.3 (90th percentile score....)

Undergrad : Bachelors in Business Studies from Delhi University. (best B school for undergrad studies in India). I majored in Finance. However it was a 3 year undergrad degree

Incomplete Post grad : Completed 2 years of a 3 year MBA, Executive Program (evening regular) from IIM, Lucknow (among top 3 B schools in India). I completed 2 years, however left MBA because of certain professional and personal reasons.

Work Experience : 5 years 3 months (6 years by Jul09)

Working with the world's most reputed bank (Forbes No. 1 company). Worked for approx. 4 years in India and 1.5 years in California. Currently working as Associate Vice President in California

- Am 25 yr old and had 3 promotions in my career of 5 years with the bank.
- Work for retail/personal banking and have experience in 2 countries
- Recognised as best performer for last 12 consecutive months GLOBALLY in my division.
- In my last two promotions, I was the youngest Manager/AVP in India.
- Chosen for international conventions twice in last one year to represent my department

Recommendations

- Will have two very strong recommendations. One from my direct supervisor and one from a client (very successful and renowned in his profession)
- Third from a peer if required

Leadership experience

- Was managing a team of 4 people in my previous role. However since the current role requires managing HNWI relationships, I have not been allocated any resources. Hence it may be a drawback
- I was the school captain (head boy) in high school, also the house captain and some major contributions
- I led some study trips in college
- Organized many events and contests in the organisation

Next move in the organisation: Vice President

Extra curricular - Correspondent for all newsletters in my organisations. Contributed couple of articles in college magazine.

Worked for Helpage (helping old people) in India for a year and mobilised funds from the bank clients towards charity and health care of inhabitants of old age homes

Target Schools : Stanford/Wharton/Harvard/GSB Chicago/Columbia
MBAApply

by MBAApply Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 pm