If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
difanc574
Course Students

Profile for B school

by difanc574 Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 am

Hi All,

I don't know whether I should really apply or not. I felt like if I don't get into the top business school, there is no point as to sacrifice all the networks or it.

Please help me take a look :shock:

Below is my profile,

1) Undergraduate: I failed out of high school, so I began my education at a local community college, and earned a GPA of 3.9. Later, I transferred into Berkeley Haas for Business Administration and earned 3.8.

2) Professional: Ever since I graduated, I moved to China and began to work here. I have been working as a sales for ABB, an multinational engineering company (like GE or Simens). My everyday work has do with industrial robot-no, not the kind that wipe your floor, but arms that manufacturing cars and etc.

In the early 2015, I was promoted to become the Key Account Manager then later Strategic Account Manager. I spend most of my time working with Apple and firms related with Apple, such as Foxconn, Pegatron, Samsung..., where we develop and sell manufacturing equipments to Apple so XYZ companies can use it to manufacture the next big thing. Previously, I have worked on all models of iPhone since iPhone 5, iPad mini, all pro models, all Apple Watch models, iPad cases....

So I have to deal with a very international environment as ABB is a Switzerland company, client is an U.S. company, and users of the equipment that range from Korean, Japan to Taiwan.

Awards: ABB Employee of the year 2016, ABB Best Progress Award of 2015, ABB Quarterly Excellence Award (2016 Q2, 2015 Q3, 2014 Q1)

GMAT score: 720

Do I have a realistic chance of going into the top 5 business schools?
mbaMissionKrista
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile for B school

by mbaMissionKrista Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 am

Hey @difanc574
Thanks for getting in touch. What an interesting back-story and profile! I think there's a lot here to discuss. My first tip given that you are planning ahead is to try to get a higher GMAT score. 740+. That and your GPA together make you a more interesting candidate. Top 5 is hard to gauge without knowing more about you so I definitely suggest that you set up a free consultation with mbaMission. Go here and sign up (https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?display=mba-admissions) and once you have access to our system, just pick the first day/time/consultant that works for you. (You do not have to wait for me.) The other thing I'd say now is that account management can be seen as a non-traditional entry point for top MBA programs which might make cracking the Top 5 hard, but again that's without seeing your complete CV.
Lots to discuss and think about though! And we love candidates who plan ahead.
Krista