If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
MelissaM484
Course Students

Profile Review for Female Military Academy Graduate

by MelissaM484 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Hello!

I am a female Military Academy Graduate who graduated in the top ten of her class with a 3.84 GPA. I am a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient, Truman Scholar, founder of our Gay Straight Alliance, and creator of our Mock Trial Team. I volunteer every summer as a counselor and lifeguard at Girl Scout Camp and coach a local HS Varsity Lacrosse team. I've been with the service for five years and have held positions of increasing responsibility. Currently I am in charge of 1,200 people and 1.5 billion in assets. In addition to my daily responsibilities, I lead our diversity committee and have hosted LGBT, women in the workplace, and sexual assault forums, which result in the establishment of self-sustaining coalitions within our community. My greatest weakness is the GMAT, which is a 610 and is the result of two weeks crash-studying. I am wondering if this profile is competitive (i.e. a Hail Mary) for admissions intoTuck, Ross, or McCombs for a 2016 admission year cycle or if I should delay my application, do intenseive GMAT study, and apply for round one of 2017.

Thank you!
-M
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Review for Female Military Academy Graduate

by mbamissionjenK Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:41 am

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It sounds as though you are quite an involved, committed, driven person who would bring a lot of different experiences and perspectives to the class, and the more you can draw from the leadership and teamwork experiences you naturally gain in the military the better. As for the GMAT, it will be likely your biggest weakness you're right... what about a 'hail mary' ;) GMAT re-take attempt just in case you pleasantly surprise yourself?? ;) You can re-take in just 2 weeks now..... food for though! Let us know what you decide!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php