Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
osingh91
Students

Quant CAT Scoring

by osingh91 Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Today, I took my second Manhattan GMAT CAT exam, and the final score I received was a 690. However, in the quant section, I had just over a minute remaining when I reached the final question. I spent a few seconds on it to see if I could guess, but within 20 seconds, the time ran out. So, I want to know if there is any way to know or estimate my actual score.

I know the real GMAT has a significant penalty for not finishing the exam, so I would like to know if the Manhattan CAT does too. If so, is there any way to know what score I could have gotten if the timing error did not occur? I likely would have gotten the question, a 700-800 level question, wrong, but I would have at least answered it. I realize it's probably impossible to know the exact score considering the complex algorithm (can MGMAT tech support help me here?), so even a rough estimate would be nice to know.

I likely do not have time to take another CAT before taking the actual GMAT, so knowing a score that is more accurate and indicative of my current progress will be very appreciated.

Score on 2nd CAT: 690
Quant: Score = 46 / 71% percentile
Verbal: Score = 38 / 84% percentile
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Quant CAT Scoring

by RonPurewal Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 am

This is the wrong folder for a question like this. General questions belong in the "General GMAT Strategy Questions" folder.

In any case, you're using "actual score" to refer to some hypothetical extended-time situation. Interesting.
The timing is an integral part of the test, so your "actual" score would be the score you received.
If you can improve your time-management habits, then your "actual" score should improve.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Quant CAT Scoring

by RonPurewal Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 am

Finally, it's unwise to stress over practice-test scores anyway. The practice tests have a standard deviation of 40-50 points, so all of the differences you're talking about are statistically insignificant anyway.

If you have further questions, please post a new thread in the General folder (and please read the forum rules / acquaint yourself a little better with the structure of the forum).

Thanks.