If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
singsub

questions for councellors

by singsub Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Respected sir/ma'am,

i would be very thankful if you could please answer the following questions.

1) Is a score of 600 decent enough?? I will try for 650+ though, but it will be tough for me.

2) I am going to be in Singapore for now. Would representatives from any B-school be coming to Singapoe in September-December 2008 ??

3) Should I get all the recommendation letters from my college professors or should there be at least one from a professional referee (my ex boss)

4) Could you name me some ordinary American colleges (B-schools) where a average candidate like me would also stand a chance. I do not mind if they are NOT AASCB accredited, as long as that wont be a problem with my Visa chances (I am from India). I am specifically looking for colleges which have Spring/January start dates and have MBA programs which are preferably 1-1.5 years in course duration

Thank you very much.
MBA Mission

Re: questions for councellors

by MBA Mission Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:50 am

Thank you for your inquiry.

I will answer your questions in order:

1) Your GMAT score is relative to the school and to your other accomplishments. The score alone does not mean that much.
2) Different schools have different travel itineraries. You should check their websites for their own events. The MBA Tour will be through Singapore on September 20th. You should certainly seize that opportunity.
3) College professors are generally not good choices as they don’t know anything about your professional performance.
4) Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about your candidacy to advise.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
MBA Mission Insider’s Guides: www.mbamission.com/store.php

singsub Wrote:Respected sir/ma'am,

i would be very thankful if you could please answer the following questions.

1) Is a score of 600 decent enough?? I will try for 650+ though, but it will be tough for me.

2) I am going to be in Singapore for now. Would representatives from any B-school be coming to Singapoe in September-December 2008 ??

3) Should I get all the recommendation letters from my college professors or should there be at least one from a professional referee (my ex boss)

4) Could you name me some ordinary American colleges (B-schools) where a average candidate like me would also stand a chance. I do not mind if they are NOT AASCB accredited, as long as that wont be a problem with my Visa chances (I am from India). I am specifically looking for colleges which have Spring/January start dates and have MBA programs which are preferably 1-1.5 years in course duration

Thank you very much.